Tuesday 2 February 2016

Busy week: Seeded Wheat

The week before last was unexpectedly hectic so I only baked one type of bread.

Seeded Wheat

IMG_3365

I scaled the recipe to a total of 400g of added flour per loaf. I also decreased the caraway seeds to just 1.5% and increased the hydration so that the overall hydration (including water from the starter but not flaxseeds) was 87%. It was a push to bake the loaves the same day they were shaped so they were not as risen as I would have liked before baking.

IMG_3366

IMG_3372

Luckily the bread seems to have not suffered too much from the time constraints. This bread couldn't contain many more seeds without turning into muesli! It tastes lovely sliced thinly and smothered in cream cheese.

It was DH's birthday this weekend so baked mini chocolate cakes with cream cheese frosting. I'm really pleased that my piping skills are very slowly getting better.

IMG_3376 IMG_3378

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment